When an inguinal hernia occurs in men, is treatment possible without surgery? This issue will be discussed below. An inguinal hernia is a tumor-like protrusion extending through the inguinal canal and beyond. The most frequent hernia dislocation is the area of passage of the spermatic cord. Pathology often affects men than women, and can develop at any age. The etiology of the disease is associated with weakened connective tissues, ligaments and muscles that lose their ability to hold organs in place. A predisposing factor for the occurrence of a hernia is a specific anatomical formation - a slit about 4 cm in size, located in the groin area between the fascia joints and ligaments. It is in this gap that the hernial contents fall.
The essence of the disease
The causes of the development of pathology:
- weak muscles of the abdominal wall
- obesity - overweight puts pressure on the abdominal organs,
- injuries in the groin area, weakening the ligamentous apparatus,
- prolonged physical tension
- pathology of the digestive organs, accompanied by frequent constipation.
Inguinal hernia has several varieties. Direct inguinal hernia can only be acquired, characterized by pathological protrusion in the inguinal canal, while the spermatic cord is not affected. With oblique hernia, the protrusion is localized near the inguinal canal and falls out of the abdominal cavity. This type of hernia is congenital or is formed under the influence of external causes. Combined hernia is less common, consists of several hernial sacs.
An inguinal hernia requires compulsory treatment, since self-healing is impossible. The most effective treatment is surgery. To cure a hernia with a non-invasive method is difficult. For inguinal hernia in men, treatment without surgery involves the reduction of the hernia. Conservative treatment is prescribed by a doctor in the following cases:
- if there are medical contraindications for surgery,
- infectious diseases of the genitourinary system,
- if the disease is detected at an early stage of development,
- impaired blood clotting,
- severe cardiac abnormalities
- renal failure.
Treatment of inguinal hernia in men without surgery should be carried out under the supervision of the attending physician. Self-treatment of inguinal hernia is not recommended, as it can complicate the condition and cause injury.
How to treat inguinal hernia? There are basic methods of dealing with this pathology:
- The use of a special bandage - elastic belt with a retainer clutching the leg. There is also underwear with special tight inserts. With the help of a correctly fixed construction, the missing strength of the connecting ligaments is filled. Wearing a bandage belt is necessary for physical exertion. Do not wear a bandage all the time, it will lead to a weakening of the abdominal muscles and back. Constant wearing of such a belt is recommended for older people. The design is recommended to use at an early stage of pathology.
- Moderate exercise. It is recommended to do swimming, easy jogging or walking, classes should be conducted with an instructor. Especially useful are swimming lessons, in which the abdominal muscles are strengthened without much effort.
- Physiotherapy. Treat inguinal hernia without surgery can be therapeutic exercises. There is a special complex of gymnastic exercises aimed at strengthening the muscle groups of the lower abdomen. Exercises are selected by a specialist individually, depending on the physical fitness of the person. During sports activities it is necessary to wear a bandage belt.
How to treat inguinal hernia folk remedies
Herbal medicine can serve as a supplement to the main treatment and should be agreed with your doctor. The main methods are reduced to the use of compresses, lotions and ointments.
Recommended recipes for inguinal hernia.
- Rye bread and wormwood infusion. Rye bread is soaked in a concentrated extract of wormwood. A mixture in the form of a compress is applied to the area of the hernia. The method slows down the progressive process and prevents complications.
- Vinegar. Wipe daily hernial protrusion 4% solution of vinegar.
- Pickled cabbage pickle. Gauze dipped in cabbage brine is applied to the hernia. Compress well soothes pain. The method is contraindicated in a strangulated hernia.
- Oak bark. The crushed bark is brewed with boiling water in the ratio: 1 tsp. a glass of boiling water. Insist 20 minutes. Gauze is soaked with broth and impose on the inguinal hernia. Compress can be fixed with a plaster so that it does not crawl.
- Horsetail. 3 tbsp. dry herbs brew a glass of boiling water. Broth insist 30 minutes and use for a compress.
- Ointment. Egg mixed with 100 ml of vinegar, 0.5 liters of melted pork fat and removed in a dark, cool place for 5 days. Then to the mixture, add 2 quail eggs and 10 g of badger fat. The ointment is thoroughly mixed, applied daily for inguinal hernia for 2 hours, the course of treatment is 1 month. Over the ointment impose a napkin and fix with a bandage.
- Larkspur. 25 g of dry grass is poured with a glass of water, boiled for 10 minutes, consumed orally for 1 tsp. before meals.
- Sagebrush. 1 tsp herbs, filled with a glass of water, boil for 5 minutes, the broth is used for compresses.
- Cornflower flowers 30 g of grass brewed with 0.5 liters of water. Drink half a cup before a meal.
- Nettle. The leaves of the plant are crushed into mush and impose on the inguinal hernia.
- Oak bark and acorns insist on red wine for 3 weeks, the infusion is used for compresses.
- Spiraea. 3 tbsp. herbs brew 0.5 liters of hot water, insist 20 minutes and drink 3 times a day before meals.
- Gooseberry leaves or meadowsweet. 1 tsp dry grass should be brewed in a glass of boiling water, consumed three times a day before meals.
Exercises for inguinal hernia
- Take a supine position, legs bent at the knees, hands closed in the lock at the back of the head. Alternately with the elbow of the right hand, touch the left knee, then with the left elbow reach the right knee. Exercise to perform 20-30 times in each direction.
- Perform the exercise "bike" for 2-3 minutes.
- Exercise "scissors" is performed supine for 2-3 minutes.
- Lying on your side, swing your legs up with your left foot, then your right.
- Alternately perform the bends to the right and left leg, one hand touches the foot, while the other hand is given behind the back.
- Lying on your back, clasp the ball with your feet, lift your legs with the ball, linger for a couple of seconds and lower the legs.
Exercises must be performed in a bandage belt. Depending on the state of the load can be increased or decreased. The main thing is that therapeutic exercises are performed regularly. Medical gymnastics, wearing a bandage and herbal medicine may not bring the desired results. When deterioration of the condition should immediately contact your doctor.
It is well known that a disease is always easier to prevent than to cure. The appearance of an inguinal hernia is often due to weak muscles and the absence of the abdominals. To prevent the formation of a hernia, you should keep your physical form. Proved that inguinal-scrotal hernia in most cases is found in men with a slack belly and flabby muscles of the abdominals. It is enough 20-30 minutes a day to perform simple exercises aimed at strengthening the oblique and transverse abdominal muscles, or go to the gym several times a week, swim in the pool, and then the risk of an inguinal hernia will be minimized. Give up the elevator, walk more, it stabilizes the vertical position of the body in space, which, in turn, forms the normal location of the internal organs and keeps the abdominal muscles in good shape.
It is also necessary to regulate physical exertion, especially for people whose professional activity is connected with weightlifting. Remember that one of the causes of inguinal hernia is excessive physical stress.
It is necessary to monitor proper nutrition, avoiding frequent constipation. When impaired intestinal function increases intra-abdominal pressure, which provokes the extrusion of internal organs into the inguinal ring. In order for the intestines to work properly, every day a large amount of need to eat vegetable food and drink enough liquid.
In preventive measures, it is recommended to undergo a medical examination at least once a year. An inguinal hernia is a pathology that develops gradually over several years. Early diagnosis can successfully help cope with the disease, preventing the development of pathology.
Reasons for education
Organs through the inguinal canal fall out. The channel is formed by the transverse muscle, the internal oblique and connective tissue. Its total length is 4.5 cm.
The canal from the outside is covered with oblique muscle, and the connective tissue from the inside. It is covered from above by the transverse and oblique muscles, the inguinal ligament - from below. Injury or weakening of any of the above elements leads to a hernial ring.
An inguinal-scrotal hernia is formed for the following reasons:
- during pregnancy - the weakening of the abdominals,
- regular constipation
- weight lifting.
Hernia therapy depends on the degree of bowel injury and the type of protrusion. Depending on these indicators, the doctor determines which treatment is right for you - a drug treatment or surgery is required.
Hernia can be of two types:
Inguinal straight hernia, according to statistics, is formed in adult males. The inner part of the intestine twists inside with it, thus creating a loop. The main reason for its occurrence is intense physical work and weight lifting. The treatment of this disease is operative, an ultrasound examination of the inguinal hernia is made.
Oblique hernia is the prerogative of men only. The intestine with her occupies the area of the inguinal canal, in addition, it can penetrate into the scrotum. At the initial stages of the disease, conservative therapy is applied, which is aimed at strengthening these muscles. In all other cases, an operation is done. Hernia in this case is removed completely.
Signs of hernia
The very first sign of a hernia is bloating. The protrusion after lifting increases, while the person may feel a sharp pain that occurs in the groin.
After urinating or emptying the bowel, the hernia is reduced in size, which is explained by a decrease in pressure inside the abdominal cavity.
In the groin in a standing position, there is pain, which can be temporary or permanent, it depends on the severity of the disease.
Hernia in advanced cases may be accompanied by nausea, fever symptoms, palpitations.
Treatment of an inguinal hernia in men without surgery should be prescribed by the attending physician, preferably after consulting with several specialists in this field. It is impossible to be treated independently, as it is possible to aggravate your condition. With doctors you can try to harmonize the following means of traditional medicine.
Treatment of inguinal hernia in men without surgery is possible with the help of compresses from oak bark. It is necessary to take the bark of the tree, grind it, then pour a spoonful of the obtained powder with a glass of boiling water. Put on a small fire and hold for 10 minutes. Cover and clean to cool.
Then you can apply the finished product - they need to moisten gauze, then attach it to the hernia. To this compress did not move, you need to fix it. For this you can wrap it with plastic wrap and a bandage on top. Compress should be changed after three hours.
A sauerkraut pickle also treats an inguinal hernia in men without surgery. It can also reduce pain. Such a compress is done very simply - a bandage or gauze napkin is taken, folded several times, wetted in juice from sauerkraut, and then applied to the hernia and warmed with a film and scarf.
Right-sided inguinal hernia can be treated with such a simple and effective means as acetic acid. To do this, it is recommended to wash the protrusion every day with a cool aqueous solution of vinegar. To prepare it, you need to take 2 tablespoons of vinegar (4%) in a glass of water. It is necessary after such washings to apply a warm compress from an infusion made from red wine and oak leaves. Oak compresses should be alternated with poultices of gryzhnika grass.
Good results give compresses of rye bread, ground with garlic, or strong wormwood infusion. These methods of traditional medicine can slow the growth of hernia, as well as prevent its possible complications.
Boil for this water in a saucepan. When it boils, put there a smaller container and melt half a kilogram of pork lard. Then pour it into a pre-heated glass jar.
Pour a half-cup of vinegar essence into a jar (half-liter) separately; break a homemade raw chicken egg there. Fill the jar to the top with melted fat, close and clean for a week in a cool place.
Then, in a water bath, heat the jar so that the fat is completely melted, and add 2 fresh quail eggs and a spoon of badger fat to the mixture.
The resulting tool whisk mixer or blender until smooth. Ointment store in the refrigerator. She needs to lubricate the inguinal hernia at night, as well as throughout the day.
The ointment should be rubbed into the sore spot, a napkin should be applied on top, then a piece of wool material should be fixed with a bandage. This compress should be kept for about two hours.
Pour 20 g of the plant with a glass of water and put to simmer for ten minutes. Infusion fill to the original volume, adding water. The resulting product is consumed in a teaspoon before meals.
Looking at a photo of an inguinal hernia in men, it is difficult to assume that it can be cured with the help of herbal infusions. But traditional medicine says it is. At least, it is possible to alleviate the condition. For example, you can make a decoction of cornflower flowers. To do this, you need to brew 3 tablespoons of the plant with half a cup of boiling water. Remove brew and take before meals in divided doses. Broths of gooseberry leaves, stone fruits, and also herbs of meadowsweet are made in the same way.
Brew five tablespoons of larch bark with a liter of boiling water and remove to infuse for 12 hours. Ready broth consumed a glass 5 times a day, preferably before a meal. The treatment is quite long - from 1 to 6 months. After a 2-week admission, you must take a 7-day break. The resulting infusion store a maximum of two days in a cool place.
In addition to the internal technique, compresses prepared with this infusion are also effective. Gauze napkin, folded in four, moistened in it, put on a hernia, then covered with a cloth. These packs put twice a day.
Excessive physical activity is considered to be one of the main causes of inguinal hernia. In particular, the defect manifests itself in people who are engaged in simulators and lift heavy weights or weights. Exercises associated with the work of the abdominal muscles, increase intra-abdominal pressure, which leads to a hernia.
People with this disease can exercise only if oblique inguinal hernia does not receive a load from them. The most effective sport in this case is swimming. A person with his help strengthens the abdominal muscles, thereby creating a positive effect.
Aerobics can also be attributed to physiotherapeutic methods, walking and easy running, cycling. But all the selected exercises need to be discussed with the doctor.
If he allows, then you can use such a complex of occupations:
- Lying on your back, swing your legs, lowering your arms along the body. We know this exercise as “scissors”.
- Lying on your back, keep your hands behind your head, and bend your legs at the knees. Alternately left and right knee and elbow of the opposite hand to pull together. This exercise to perform up to fifteen times, it can be done during the day.
- Exercise "bike" - turn the "pedals".
Wearing a bandage
Almost all experts advise wearing a bandage in the event of an inguinal hernia. Although this method is not included in the treatment methods at all. A bandage will only ease the condition of the person, but cannot cure the disease. It prevents the possibility that the hernia will increase, in addition, reduces the risk of a strangulated hernia. Although you should always wear a corset, otherwise the disease will progress.
If there is no improvement in the patient’s condition after these methods of treatment, there is only one way out of this situation - surgical intervention.
Surgery is the only way to cure it.
An inguinal hernia is formed as a result of the penetration of the peritoneum - the mucous membrane lining the abdominal cavity from the inside, and the organs of the abdominal cavity - into the inguinal canal.
In order to save a man from pathology, the operation of hernia repair is applied, which can be performed by open or endoscopic method.
With an open operation, the tissues above the area of the inguinal canal and the peritoneum in the area of the hernia are dissected, and the organs that make up the hernia, if they were not stranded at the time of the operation, return back to the abdominal cavity. After that, the peritoneum is stitched with threads in the area of the hernial ring, and that part of the mucous membrane that formed the hernial sac is cut off.
In the second stage, the surgeon strengthens the walls of the inguinal canal to prevent recurrence in the future. This is done either by using your own tissues, for example, the tendon plate of the external oblique abdominal muscle, or by using special mesh grafts from biological or artificial materials. Currently, mesh grafts are most commonly used, with the use of which the probability of disease recurrence is reduced to almost a few tenths of a percent.
An alternative to the open method of treating pathology in men is endoscopic surgery.
With its good performance, the recovery of the body is faster and easier, because instead of a wide incision of tissues above the inguinal canal, only 4 punctures of the anterior abdominal wall are performed.
Disadvantages of endoscopic treatment of inguinal hernias:
- greater risk of complications and recurrence of the disease,
- the need for general anesthesia (with open surgery, treatment can be performed under local anesthesia).
What is important to do before surgery
Before the operation, any heavy exercises aimed at strengthening the abdominals are contraindicated, since they increase intra-abdominal pressure and provoke the occurrence of an irreducible or strangulated hernia (which complicates the course of an inguinal hernia and creates a direct risk to a person’s life).
Both men and women with an unoperated inguinal hernia can only lift a weight of no more than 5 kg.
Unfortunately, it is not always possible to have an operation. Contraindications to it can be severe somatic diseases or the patient’s refusal to undergo surgery.
In such cases, the man may wear a special bandage: he will stop a further increase in the size of the hernia and warn her about the infringement. Wearing a bandage is not a treatment as such and does not replace surgery, and its long-term use leads to a weakening of the abdominal muscles and may aggravate the course of inguinal hernia.
A modern view of inguinal hernia therapy without surgery
A century ago, American scientists attempted to treat hernial swelling in the groin of men without surgery. To this end, preparations were introduced into the area of the inguinal canal, causing coarsening, scarring of the hernia sac. The experiment ended in failure: many patients developed severe complications, such as bleeding, infection, and scarring of the spermatic cord.
Unfortunately, it is almost impossible to narrow the inguinal canal itself or strengthen it so much with the help of medications and therapeutic exercises to permanently remove even an inguinal hernia. And if an inguinal hernia has already arisen and cannot be reset independently, all the more so as to avoid surgical treatment.
At home, it will be useful to do remedial gymnastics - careful strengthening of the abdominal muscles with physical exercises that do not cause a pronounced increase in intra-abdominal pressure. Regular exercise will help strengthen the anterior abdominal wall and thus increase the tolerance of loads in case the hernial protrusion occurs during straining.
In order to successfully treat a pathology, all the exercises should be performed three times a day: in the morning, in the afternoon and in the evening.
(if the table is not fully visible - scroll it to the right)
With a bag of sand (1 kg)
Put a sandbag on your belly in the navel. Pull the belly - pull the belly.
Repeat the same thing, putting a bag of sand on the belly just above the pubis.
Perform 10–12 repetitions of each exercise.
Sit on a chair, arms along the body, knees together in front of you. Raise your left hand up and tilt to the right, without getting up from the chair. Repeat the exercise in the other direction.
Do 10–12 repetitions.
Lie on the floor, arms along the body. Pinch the ball with the inside of your foot and lift it to a height of 10–15 cm from the floor. Hold for a few seconds - lower.
Repeat 8 times.
Spread your legs to shoulder width. Alternately, make bends to the left and right leg, trying to reach the toes with the tips of the fingers of the opposite hand. The second hand at this moment take back and up.
Repeat 10-12 times.
Before performing the exercises described, consult your doctor. And remember that only surgery can solve this problem radically.
The essence of the disease
An inguinal hernia is a pathological protrusion of the internal organs through the abdominal wall in the area of the inguinal opening. Externally, the formation resembles a rounded or oval bump, the diameter of which may increase during physical labor and weight lifting. At rest, the formation has a small size, in the horizontal position of the body is completely hidden.
Uncomplicated form of the disease does not cause serious inconvenience to the patient. The main danger of pathology is the risk of infringement. To prevent complications, a planned operation using a mesh for plastics of the hernia gate is recommended. Surgery is contraindicated in some patients, in such cases conservative therapy is performed.
Types of non-surgical treatment
To combat inguinal hernia without surgery in adult men and women is possible with the help of therapeutic methods aimed at strengthening the abdominal muscles. The following techniques are used to get rid of the pathology:
- Wearing a bandage.
- The use of methods of traditional medicine.
- Compliance with the rules of prevention.
Each method has its own characteristics and contraindications. In order to achieve the best effect, the treatment algorithm is selected by the attending physician, having previously studied the patient's medical history.
Treatment of pathology without surgery is performed for patients with small hernias and for patients who are contraindicated for surgery. When a child suffers from oblique inguinal hernia, the boy needs surgery. Surgical treatment will remove the cause of the formation of scrotal hernia.
Complex hernia exercises
Non-surgical, non-surgical treatment of inguinal hernia is aimed at strengthening the muscles of the abdominal wall, which provides narrowing of the inguinal opening, preventing complications. To this end, the patient is assigned a set of exercises, due to which it is possible to increase muscle tone.
To charge the patient at home, you may need aids that are easy to get from a pharmacy or sports store.
Gymnastics in the supine position
Strengthening the muscles is performed using the following exercises:
- For the first exercise you need a bag of sand weighing 1 kg. Lying on your back, the sac is located in the area of the hernia, take a deep breath, trying to push the subject up, relax with an exhale.
- Lying down, legs bent, hands are palms down. When inhaling, the pelvis should be lifted upward, resting on the feet and palms, linger for a few seconds, on an exhalation go downward.
- Lie on the floor, back straight, tightly pressed to the surface, lift the right leg bent at the knee, then the left leg, then lift both legs at once. Exercise is performed at least 5 times.
- Lying, hands behind your head, gently lift the body at an angle of 45 °, hold for a second, return to the starting position.
- Exercise using elastic bandage. Tie a bandage in the form of a ring, put it on your feet. From a prone position, lift your even legs, try to stretch the bandage with them as much as possible. When exhaling, lower your legs, relax.
- Well strengthen the muscles of the exercise exercise "scissors" and "bicycle". To do this, lie down on the floor, lift your legs, and perform movements that imitate scissors or cycling.
In the initial stages, 3-5 repetitions are sufficient. You should not try to perform the maximum number of movements or use the method of Bubnovsky, which is designed for the treatment of hernias of intervertebral disks and joints. This may aggravate the situation.
Exercises using the chair
Exercises sitting on a chair should be carried out by patients with large hernia. The load in the sitting position is less intense, which reduces the risk of complications. To strengthen the muscles use the following movements:
- Sit on the chair, facing the back, grab it with your hands, make a slow tilt to the left, hold for a few seconds, return to the starting position. Repeat the slope to the right.
- Starting position, as in the previous exercise. Straining the abdominal muscles, raise the pelvis, resting on the feet and palms, as you exhale, drop down.
- Sit on a chair, legs bent at the knees. When inhaling, tighten your knee to your chest, while exhaling, lower your leg. Repeat with the opposite leg.
- In the same position, spread your legs to the sides, tilt the shells forward, trying to reach with your fingers the tip of your left, then your right leg.
- Sitting exactly, take a breath, straining your abdominal muscles, with your arms lift up, make a forward bend.
Contraindications to the implementation of physical therapy are severe pain, fever, the inability to correct the hernial protrusion.
Treatment of hernias in men and women is carried out with the help of physiotherapy in cases where the pathology is accompanied by an inflammatory process or the occurrence of phlegmon. In this case, doctors prescribe UHF and laser treatment.
To improve gastric motility, diadynamic therapy (current therapy), inductothermia (use of magnetic fields), mud and paraffin treatment are used.
With the help of these methods, it is impossible to cure hernia, but with the help of procedures it is possible to prevent complications, normalize the functioning of the gastrointestinal tract, bring muscles into tone, improve blood circulation.
Massage is a method that allows you to strengthen the muscle fibers, straighten the hernial protrusion. Completely get rid of the inguinal hernia without surgery using massage is not possible. The procedure has a rather prophylactic effect.
Massage is carried out by a specialist, the technique is as follows:
- The skin fold in the place of protrusion is delayed.
- After that, the specialist gently and smoothly presses the contents of the hernia, thereby setting it back to its place. Movements are performed as carefully as possible.
- At the last stage, the master performs the stroking and tingling movements of the abdomen, which leads to muscle tone, improves blood circulation.
Session is recommended to repeat once a day. An independent procedure is not allowed, especially if the patient has symptoms such as pain, nausea, and digestive disorders. Such signs may indicate infringement, which requires immediate medical attention. If the hernia is strangled, the surgeon is limited in time; it is necessary to remove the hernial sac in the next two hours. Otherwise, you will need to remove part of the dead loop of the intestine.
It is recommended to treat inguinal hernia with the help of folk remedies as an auxiliary method that is unable to eliminate the cause of the disease. Judging by the reviews, not a single person was able to eliminate the hernia due to folk treatment methods.
To alleviate the condition of the patient, supporters of traditional medicine use the following recipes:
- Compress from a gryzhnik. Fresh grass should be placed in a double boiler and cook over steam for 10 minutes. After that, the gryzhnik is cooled a little, is applied to the area of protrusion, covering it with a film and a warm towel.
- Eliminate soreness and swelling will help lotion from a decoction of nettle. For this, a tablespoon of herbs is poured over 200 ml of boiling water, boiled for 15 minutes. This medication is filtered, moisten gauze in it, applied to the diseased area.
- Compress from the juice of fresh cabbage. White cabbage is passed through a meat grinder, squeezed juice, which moisten natural fabric and apply it to the hernia all night.
- Tincture of oak bark. The tool is prepared using shredded bark of the tree and medical alcohol. The bark is poured with alcohol in a ratio of 1: 3. Infused medicine for 14 days in a dark room at a temperature not higher than 18 °. Tincture is used for compress with hernias.
- Use aloe and honey. This plant perfectly removes the inflammatory process. To treat the pulp of a large leaf, mix with a tablespoon of honey, mix the ingredients thoroughly. The resulting mass is spread on cheesecloth and used as a compress.
- Camphor oil is a unique product that helps eliminate inflammation and pain. To alleviate the condition of the patient, the hernia is treated with the product in its pure form.
The use of folk methods without the permission of a doctor is unacceptable. Begin therapy should be after consultation with a specialist.
An important principle of prevention in the formation of hernias is to maintain a healthy lifestyle, regular exercise, proper nutrition.
Patients with pathology or people at risk are advised to refuse heavy physical exertion and weight lifting. To maintain health, it is important to eliminate bad habits. Alcohol and smoking adversely affect human health.
Particular attention should be paid to proper nutrition.Correction of the diet and the rejection of harmful products will prevent digestive diseases, improve stomach peristalsis, prevent constipation and other disorders of the gastrointestinal tract. The principles of nutrition during hernia include:
- avoiding too high-calorie, fatty, fried, spicy foods,
- elimination of alcohol, soda, drinks with a high content of caffeine,
- advantage should be given to vegetable fats, dairy products, cereals,
- pasta and sweet pastries should be consumed in limited quantities,
- preference is given to vegetables, fruits.
A necessary element of prevention is the normalization of body weight, which is achieved through adherence to a low-calorie diet.
Food should be taken in small portions, without overeating. Excessive filling of the stomach leads to an increase in intra-abdominal pressure, which negatively affects the course of pathology. From the drinks it is better to choose natural juices, compotes, herbal teas, clean water.
Non-surgical treatment of inguinal hernia is a long process that requires considerable effort. Careful adherence to the necessary therapeutic measures provides a good effect allows you to live without complications to persons who are contraindicated in the operation.
Alternative medicine is allowed at the stage of maintenance therapy only after discussing this issue with a doctor. Among the popular methods there are quite effective and medically grounded recipes. These are medical compresses and decoctions useful for the work of the gastrointestinal tract. Men can apply compresses from the bark of oak, cabbage, badger oil, various herbs with anti-inflammatory action. Treatment with folk remedies is safe if it does not contradict the course of therapy prescribed by the doctor.
How does an inguinal hernia appear?
An inguinal hernia is a pathology in which the internal part of the organ is located behind the abdominal cavity. From the outside, it looks like a bump. Hernia occurs due to weakness in the connective tissues, ligaments and muscles, which worse hold the organ in its place. Congenital or acquired impairment may be local or general.
- Common causes are associated with the off-tach area: the organ extends beyond, even when there are no weakened ligaments and muscles. Cause such a state of increased physical activity, increased weight and frequent constipation.
- Local causes are associated with severe weakness of muscles that cannot hold an organ in place when a person is standing.
Inguinal hernia develops in adults of both sexes, more often in men. The older the person, the higher the risk of hernia, as the body's tissues age and deteriorate. When they stop doing their work altogether, the organ bulges even in the case of small loads. There is also an increase in the lumen of the inguinal ring, which causes hernia in men.
Types of inguinal hernia
- Oblique. One or another organ “comes out” of the spermatic cord. This pathology may be congenital or acquired.
- Straight. The body bulges, the spermatic cord is not involved. The ligaments and muscles are loosened a bit. Weakening occurs gradually and fully can be identified in the case of obesity or in old age.
- Combined. In this case, there are several protrusions that are not related to each other. At the same time and direct, and oblique hernia.
Someone from the sick lived and lives with a hernia, not thinking about the consequences. But when a disease is detected, doctors recommend that it is necessary to treat it. The disease can be diagnosed by a number of characteristic symptoms.
How an inguinal hernia is manifested: symptoms of the disease
- bulging in the form of a bump, which is located below the abdomen,
- feeling of full abdomen (false),
- pain arising from standing and exertion. They give the lower back and genitals,
- tachycardia, nausea, fever,
- burning in the groin,
- unhealthy urination and defecation,
- inconvenience when walking.
Surgery or conservative treatment?
Surgery allows you to quickly set the body back to any stage, but the risk of recurrence of the pathology increases. At the very beginning, when there are no infringements yet, it is possible to prescribe an inguinal hernia treatment without surgery. The question of what methods to treat the disease must be addressed by the treating doctor.
Non-surgical treatment of inguinal hernia includes the following methods: the use of medical bandage, physiotherapy and gymnastics, medicines, traditional medicine. The doctor individually selects the treatment program for each patient. This treatment in men is very effective if the patient strictly observes all the prescriptions and his case is not running.
Let us consider in more detail how to cure an inguinal hernia without an operation.
Wearing a bandage belt
Treatment without surgery necessarily includes wearing a bandage belt. By itself, the belt does not heal, but it is a necessary aid in the exercise classes. It can not be constantly worn, as this can weaken the muscles of the back and abdominals.
Physical procedures and physiotherapy
How to treat inguinal hernia with physical procedures? Good walking, moderate running, swimming and aerobics. During these sessions, the abdominals become stronger, the risk of relapse diminishes. The cause of the hernia can also be strong exercise, so it is very important to choose the right pace and effort.
It is possible to cure an inguinal hernia with the help of gymnastics. Therapeutic gymnastics is a very effective way of recovery and recovery in the natural mode. Specially designed exercises strengthen the front muscles of the abdomen well, because it is their weakening that is the main cause of the protrusion.
Exercises will train all the abdominal muscles, improve the ligaments and increase the mobility of the diaphragm. The specialist will select them individually: it is recommended to perform gymnastics in the future constantly in order to avoid possible relapses and complications.
Medical gymnastics can be done only with the permission of the doctor, it is quite effective methods of treatment. Exercises are performed three times a day: in the morning - within half an hour before breakfast, in the afternoon - 30-40 minutes after a lunch meal and in the evening 50 minutes after the last meal. Exercises strengthen the abdominal muscles, ligaments and make the diaphragm in men more mobile.
Complex exercise number 1
- Initial posture: supine, arms behind the head, legs bent at the knees. In this pose, you need to take turns to pull each other's knees and elbows. The number of repetitions - 15.
- "Bicycle" at a moderately fast pace - as much as you can.
- "Scissors" in a pose lying on his back. Arms are located along the body.
The complex of exercises №2
- The patient must lie on his back and stretch his legs forward. On the stomach remains about 1 kg. weight, which in the process of doing the exercise can be moved along the stomach. While inhaling, the patient sticks out his stomach, while exhaling, he lowers it.
- Next, sit on a chair, sit back and grab onto the seat. While inhaling, raise the pelvis, while exhaling, lower it.
- Lie on your back, bend your legs and spread them wide. The pelvis is raised on the inhale and lowered on the exhale. For support, you can use the feet, shoulders or elbows.
- The patient needs to sit on a chair, relax his arms and legs and tighten his legs in the direction of the abdomen and chest inhale, lower on the exhale.
Before class, you must wear a bandage - it is used as a protective agent for possible strong loads in men. It is necessary to begin to engage with the instructor: he will draw up an individual training program for each patient and help to avoid possible complications.
An inguinal hernia can lead to unpleasant complications: cause phlegmon or infection. Competent physiotherapeutic procedures warn them, and therefore they must be included in the mandatory medical complex.
Ultraviolet radiation and laser help tissue healing. In the future, you can use inductothermy, diadynamic therapy, treatment with paraffin and mud.
How to cure ailment with the help of traditional medicine? They are combined with therapeutic exercises and preventive measures. For non-traditional treatment should also follow a specialist. Actively use compresses, ointments, lotions. The affected areas can not be warmed up. You can use these popular recipes:
- Freshly sour cabbage pickle should be used for a night compress.
- Compress tincture on horsetail: 3 tbsp. l flowers pour boiling water and leave for 30-40 minutes. Put a cooled compress.
- Broth grass larkspur. 25 g. Pour a small amount of water and boil for 8-12 minutes. Cooked tool can be used inside for 1 tsp. before eating.
- Ointment on badger fat and eggs. 100 ml. Vinegar should be mixed with chicken egg. Pork fat (0.5 l.) Melt and insist 5-6 days in a dark and cool room. After a specified time, add a couple of quail eggs and 10 g of badger fat to the mixture. Everything is mixed and sent to the refrigerator. Ready ointment will help get rid of the symptoms, it is imposed on the areas with a hernia within a month.
- Cornflower tincture. 30 g. Flowers of cornflower need to pour 0.5 liters. boiling water and infuse for 1-1.5 hours. Infusion is taken in small quantities each time before meals.
- The compress from the following ingredients will be useful: iodine, garlic, acacia, black bread, ammonia.
- Tincture on larch bark. One liter of boiling water pour 5 tbsp. l bark and insist 10-12 hours. Take 200 ml. 4-5 times daily and used for compresses.
- Clover tincture: 20 g. Pour 200 ml. boiling water and infuse for 1.5 hours. The finished tincture is taken orally three times a day, 60-70 ml.
- Day and night compress from fresh agave.
- Tincture on the bark of oak. Bark and acorns should be poured with red wine and infused for 20 days. The tool is used as a compress.
- Homemade ointment based on golden whiskers. In a container with a volume of 0.5 ml you need to fall asleep dry plantain, golden mustache and Indian onions. Add pork fat to the mixture and mix everything thoroughly.
- Broth based on wormwood: 30 g. Herbs are poured with boiling water (200 ml.) And infused for 2.5-4 hours. Broth drink 3-4 times a day, 100 ml. at a time.
- Tincture of leaves of bone. 25 g of leaves need to pour boiling water (250 ml) and infuse for 5 hours. Then add in the tincture 30 g of honey. Tincture is used as a compress.
- Compress based on wormwood and rye bread. The tool must be applied to the skin in places of a hernia.
- Acetic solution is used for everyday washing. The proportions are as follows: 2 tbsp. l vinegar must be diluted in 200 ml. water.
- Ingestion of herbal infusions. The body is strengthened by gooseberries, cornflower, spikeweed, larch (bark), immortelle, horsetail.
Thanks to popular recipes, many patients have successfully got rid of the symptoms of the disease. And yet, is it possible to cure an inguinal hernia without surgery fully and efficiently? We remind you that all of these methods are effective in the complex only at an early and easy stage of the disease. In general, it is more auxiliary, health and additional procedures that help eliminate the symptoms of the disease.
Symptoms and treatment of inguinal hernia without surgery
The disease can occur at any age, even in a child. The most common cause of the formation of an inguinal hernia is obesity, excessive muscle tension, and weight lifting, but the disease can also be congenital. In the early stages, it is easy to improve the patient’s condition with the help of democratic methods: traditional medicine is applied, special gymnastics are performed, and therapeutic massage is performed. Later, it will be very difficult to get rid of an inguinal hernia without an operation. For this reason, you should be especially attentive to the first symptoms:
- Swelling in the groin area near the oblique muscle. Bulging is often observed in a standing position or when walking. The swelling can be both large and barely noticeable sizes.
- Painful attacks during sports training or active movement. The nature of the pain and its duration can be completely different.
- Burning sensation and heaviness around the groin. Unpleasant sensation may worsen during physical exertion.
- Weakness, fatigue. There is a decrease in activity regardless of the time of day.
- Swelling in the scrotum. This symptom is often accompanied by fever.
Please note that it is impossible to completely remove the inguinal hernia without medical intervention in adulthood. Traditional methods and alternative medicine have a 100% effect only when talking about a child. The fact is that in babies recovery and rehabilitation processes are much faster than in adults. Till 7 years bandages, massages easily correct inflammation.
How to get rid of inguinal hernia in men exercise
Medical exercises at home will help strengthen the abdominal muscles, which will reduce the load on the sore spot. Before starting such therapy, it is necessary to consult a doctor, since the treatment of a hernia with physical exercises is contraindicated for many. It is worth performing them 3 times a day in this order:
- Sit on a chair, legs spread shoulder-width apart. Raise your hand up, make a slow tilt in the appropriate direction. You must perform 10-15 repetitions left and right.
- Lying on your back on the floor, firmly hold the ball with your feet. Slowly lift it to a height of 15-20 cm and lower it. Exercise is performed 12-15 times.
- Put your feet shoulder-width apart. Alternately, bend down so that you can touch the tips of your toes with the opposite hand. Exercise must be repeated 12-15 times.
Treatment of hernia in the groin with folk remedies
For the treatment of inguinal hernia in men use different tinctures and compresses. It is allowed to use them only after additional consultation with a doctor, otherwise adverse reactions are likely. Proper use of folk recipes will help relieve pain and slightly delay the operation, but do not forget that the most effective way is surgery. Without taking into account this fact, many people remain adherents of non-traditional methods of treatment. The main ones include the following:
Many herbs and charges are known for healing properties that are useful for hernia. The anti-inflammatory and regenerating effect of popular recipes helped to get rid of ailments more than once. If you are still in doubt whether it is possible to cure an inguinal hernia without an operation, then pay attention to such preparations:
- A decoction of larch bark. To prepare, 100 g of the bark of a plant must be filled with boiling water (2-2.5 l). Wrap the pot with the resulting mass with a towel, leave for 24 hours. The drug must be filtered and consumed a glass of 4-5 times a day before meals. Therapy lasts for 2-6 months with a single short break (7 days) after the 2nd week.
- Tincture on the grass Potentilla goose. To prepare the tool, you need 50 g of dry collection pour 200 g of boiling water. Leave the tincture to cool and absorb the vitamins for 6 hours, then proceed with the treatment. The drug must be drunk on 3 tbsp. l 4 times a day for half an hour before meals. The course of treatment depends on the neglect of the disease and ranges from 1 week to a month.
Lotions to the site of inflammation are among the popular methods that can alleviate pain and reduce the swelling of the hernia. Healing compresses can be prepared on the basis of both medicinal products and medicinal herbs and plants. Among the effective recipes for treatment without inguinal hernia surgery in men include:
- wrinkle tincture wrap,
- lotion from iodine, ammonia and tincture of acacia flowers,
- black bread and garlic based compress.
Nettle therapy is considered to be one of the most effective non-traditional means for hernia. Fresh leaves of the plant are crushed through a meat grinder until a homogeneous consistency, similar to cream. The resulting mass is spread on a cabbage or noodle leaf, then applied to the sore spot. Using this method every day throughout the week will significantly alleviate the pain during a hernia.
Symptoms of an inguinal hernia in men
Recognize an inguinal hernia can be by how the hernia protrudes over the abdominal cavity. A characteristic bump appears in the groin. Men suffer from this pathology regardless of age, but it is more common in older people.
Hernia weakens muscles, ligaments and connective tissue. They are no longer able to keep organs in place.
This is due to congenital or acquired defects. The reason may be local in nature. Too much weakened inguinal muscular system loses the ability to retain organs. The main feature is the characteristic protrusion that forms on the spot in front of the groin area. Organs bulge and at a time when the ligaments with muscles are in a tense state. The most common cause of hernia formation are physical exertion, obesity and persistent constipation.
There are different types of male inguinal hernia:
- With oblique pathology, there is a congenital or acquired hernia. The deferent canal with the lymphatic and blood vessels in the envelope slightly protrude.
- Hernia direct type, has a slow development. Usually manifested in obese and aging people.
- In the combined version, incoherent protrusions are formed. Perhaps the simultaneous presence of oblique and direct type.
By the presence of cones under the stomach, it is possible to diagnose a hernia in the inguinal region. When she only appears, the patient often does not notice her, because she is either protruding or hiding. But when the patient is coughing heavily, straining and experiencing physical exertion, the lump makes itself felt. It seems to a man as if he has a full stomach when he is standing. And if a man holds in his hands a lot of weight, he feels pain. Fever, nausea, and tachycardia may occur during exercise.
Signs of male inguinal hernia:
- Sensation of pain, burning in the groin.
- Difficult urination and defecation, uncomfortable walking.
- The pain begins to move into the nearest tissue and lumbar region. This slowly developing pathology, is capable of changing localization, a lump may appear sometimes lower, then higher.
When the disease has already developed, the person feels discomfort. If we consider the restrained appearance of the hernia, here the protruding organ cannot return back, because it is clamped by a muscle. In this condition, there are manifestations of sharp pain, vomiting, nausea, hiccups. Gases and stools are retained. In this case there should be a surgical intervention.
Is it possible to cure an inguinal hernia without surgery?
If it was decided to remove the hernia surgically, this is done in stages. The incision of the inguinal ligaments and the exposure of the inguinal canal by the surgeon are performed. Then the hernia sac is dissected. To make it easier to find a bag, in some cases, the patient must strain. Local anesthesia is used.
Examination of the dissected bag and reposition of organs is performed. The affected organs are removed, the bag is stitched and cut off, the inguinal canal is sutured and a synthetic mesh is applied as a reinforcement. Then the wound is sutured.
Can use minimally invasive technique. It is prescribed to patients who are not allowed to perform a classic operation or if they detect a relapse.
But each operation has its own contraindications. It can not be done if there are cancer, infection, malignant pathology of the blood, because of old age, the work of the heart and the work of other organs are disrupted. In this case, the treatment is carried out without surgery, aimed at maximizing the patient's condition.
Of course, if you perform the operation, you can return the muscles elasticity. But this does not mean that the painful condition will not happen again.
How to treat inguinal hernia without surgery
The doctor usually prescribes:
- Therapeutic gymnastics (exercise).
- Special bandages.
- Limitation of physical activity.
- Physiotherapy procedures.
- Acceptance of drugs.
- Use of folk methods.
All this can be used at home only if the patient’s condition is not neglected.
Exercise for inguinal hernia
Performing standard exercises should be performed several times during the day an hour before or after meals. In standard gymnastics are some simple exercises.
- They are mainly performed in the supine position. The patient lies on his back and directs his knees towards the elbows fifteen times.
- "Bicycle" with "scissors" is also performed in the supine position.
- Also, pathology can be cured by doing jogging, swimming, therapeutic walking, and a bicycle.
These procedures should be carried out with a bandage corset. Excellent recovery can be achieved with swimming. Very well strengthened abdominals.
Exercises with a strong increase in intra-abdominal pressure are not allowed. In any case, the instructor should look after the patient, otherwise complications may arise.
Effective exercises are performed as follows:
- The patient should lie on his back and stretch his legs, leaving 1 kg of weight on his stomach. Then the patient produces a protrusion of the abdomen, inhaling, and lowering it, when exhaled. Cargo can be moved around the abdomen.
- You should sit on a chair, lean back and grab onto the seat. When inhaling, the pelvis is raised, exhalation - lowering.
- The patient lies on his back with his legs bent apart. Performs the raising of the pelvis during exhalation and lowering in time of inhalation. Bent elbows, feet or shoulders are used as supports.
- The patient sits on a chair, relaxes the legs and arms, and produces alternate pulling of each leg in the direction of the abdomen and in the chest area when inhaled and lowering during exhalation.
Bandage for men
To stop the protrusion of organs can be wearing a bandage. With this temporary measure, you can not only get rid of the disease, but also stop the development of pathology. In addition, there will be no complications. Organs located in the stomach will not be in a depressed state.
The use of male bandage is necessary:
- Before the operation and if it was postponed to a later time.
- In the period after surgery to reduce the load on the seam and prevent recurrence.
- When doing physical therapy with exercise designed to get rid of this disease.
When you can not use a bandage:
- If there is a benign or malignant tumor.
- Internal organs inferior (need for urgent hospitalization).
- There is the presence of skin diseases, dermatitis.
Of course, to achieve the greatest effect, you should do a surgical operation.
Only when there is an unreduced hernia, contraindications for operations - only home treatment with folk remedies and physical exercises remains. It is necessary to ensure that there is no development of pathology, and a complicated form does not appear when it is impossible to do without an operation.
As a preventive measure for the prevention of ailment, too much physical activity should be avoided, it is not necessary to lift large weights. Care must be taken to ensure that the gastrointestinal tract works stably. Hernia can also develop due to constipation. It should get rid of excess weight, you need to do therapeutic exercises. It is necessary to eat well.
The administration of the portal categorically does not recommend self-treatment and advises to see a doctor at the first symptoms of the disease. Our portal presents the best medical specialists to whom you can register online or by phone. You can choose a suitable doctor yourself or we will select it for you absolutely. is free. Also only when recording through us, The price for a consultation will be lower than in the clinic itself. This is our little gift for our visitors. Be healthy!