Before you give your child to the sports section, every mother takes care of his health. And it is important to understand how to properly strengthen the back of the child. What exercises to use, and how the back should develop at different stages. All this is a guarantee of healthy development and the absence of problems in later life.
Exercises for babies
Infants - still can not give independent loads. At this age, the child only learns to strain the spinal muscles and hold the head. In addition, at this time his back still does not have two main bends. Therefore, in order to maintain the back as smooth as possible, he needs additional efforts.
The simplest exercise is to use the Galant reflex. To perform it, turn the baby on its side, and slide your finger around the entire spinal column.
The child will try to arch in response to tactile sensations, thereby starting to develop the beginnings of a muscular corset.
For children of preschool age, it is recommended to apply stretching on the crossbar, and simple exercises from the course of grace (reach the floor with fingers, a boat, a basket, a bar, etc.) At this age, the spine is only formed, therefore as a result even the simplest injury can spinal curvature of the 20th degree. Fortunately, at the same age, they are easily put down by masseurs. And the main exercises are not made to strengthen the corset, but to stretch the back.
It is not recommended to resort to serious loads and corsets, because this can inhibit the growth of the child, or lead to other serious consequences.
- Be sure to take a look: exercise for the back fish
Perhaps at this age will fit an orthopedic ball. So, in the form of a game, you can teach a child to perform exercises that are quite complex in technique.
At this age, the spine is already beginning to acquire its current form. It is important to correct any distortions up to 14 years. This is still done with massage. But the best choice would be to give the child to swim, and regularly strengthen his dorsal corset with the help of heavier exercises, such as pull-ups or vises. The list of basic exercises should include:
- Statics (basket, bar, boat),
- Dynamic stretching (hanging on the bar),
- Strengthening the bark muscles (oblique twisting),
- Support balance between the development of the back and the press (lateral twisting, hyperextension).
It is necessary to avoid one-handed, and other types of exercises, because of which the load can move in one direction. For the same reason, buy backpacks on two straps.
In the lower grades it is already possible to give a child for dancing or swimming. Swimming will be the best option for the treatment of serious abnormalities. And most importantly, swimming perfectly develops all muscle groups that hold the spine and save it from curvature.
Exercises to strengthen the back can be applied from a very early age, but it is worth adhering to certain recommendations:
- Do not use heavy exercises until the age of 14,
- Do not attract a child to a sport that can adversely affect the spine (wrestling, martial arts),
- Do not use burdens up to 13 years., Prefer active games.
- Resort to the orthopedic mattress,
- Use regular massage treatments to adjust the development of the spine.
Following these simple guidelines, you can save the child's spine from any curvature. In addition, the implementation of all exercises, even without sports, will help grow a fit guy / girl who will not have problems with being overweight, or lack of physical. preparation.
Exercises to support the spine are important in a person’s life. As practice shows, 90% of modern diseases occur solely because of a sore back. For the same reason, doctors invented orthopedic chairs and bandages. If you don’t want your child to become a young disabled person by the age of 20, teach him discipline from childhood and make him regularly perform “hateful exercises”. Perhaps in childhood he would not like it. But in adulthood, he will thank you.
And remember, even if at this age the child has a slight curvature, it can be corrected without surgical intervention. What can be said about the later periods.
What are necessary exercises in violation of posture?
Is it possible to hang on the horizontal bar with scoliosis?
What exercises are used for pregnant women for the back?
Preventing the future is our all
Young parents, fathers and mothers with experience, grandparents often ask the question: “How to strengthen the child’s back so that in the future he will not have problems in the gym, during active games, in everyday life?”.
From the first days of life, the caring older generation with gentle hands makes the baby lightly massages, rubbing and slapping different parts of the body.
Monthly preventive examinations of medical specialists will show whether there is a need for additional ways to strengthen the baby’s back and legs.
If such a need has arisen, your child has grown up and matured, there are painless methods on how to strengthen the back of a 5-month-old baby.
Take your beloved child in your arms, wear it back to yourself, supporting your hands in the ass. The results are not long in coming.
Encouraged by success, you will be able to share experiences with other inexperienced parents how to strengthen the back of a five-month-old child.
It is better to start classes 2-3 times a week for several minutes, gradually moving to daily training.
Exercises to strengthen the back of a child of 6 months already look more like light gymnastics. They will need some devices, such as a gym ball.
We put our tummy tummy on the ball and legs to itself. Let's play swing, rolling the young athlete on the ball to himself and from himself.
How to strengthen the back of a child of 6 months in another way? Imagine a boat, help the little one to take the form of this floating tool.
Hold the baby tight during this lesson under your arms. Be sure that your child does not get very tired, and exercise does not bring him painful sensations.
Behind the whole 2 months of training. Do not quit classes. How to strengthen the back of the child 7 months. Familiar boat crumbs like? Complicate the exercise.
We give the little athlete the opportunity to make more efforts. Hold steadily and securely by the hips. We help the baby to stay in the position with the back extended by the boat for a few seconds.
Well help to achieve the result of adding massage, which is best done with the use of special children's gels and sprays.
It is better to entrust this part of the strengthening activities for the back of a small professional masseuse.
Securing the result - achieving new success
Time flies by. Your beloved child has long run independently, disappears at playgrounds, participates in noisy peer games, goes to his "first job" in kindergarten.
More adult activities, more serious needs. Now you are looking for exercises to strengthen the back of a child of 5 years.
At the family council, choose together a sport that seems to be the most suitable for the youngest member of the family.
A grandfather, a fan of Eastern practices, offers the omnipotent power of yoga, the grandmother and the parents vote for the swimming section.
In winter, you invite a trainer to put an older kid on skis. Now on vacation and during the long New Year holidays, the whole family spends time on the track.
Playing sports is a good thing, but they do not cancel daily home exercises. For female babies, physical exertion in a dance group, choreography, sports or artistic gymnastics is very well suited.
If, for some reason, a visit to the gym and artistic circles is impossible, they will be saved by active walks in the fresh air, jogging or pedestrian promenades.
The first time in first class
Your yesterday's boots are getting older and older. Ahead is the entry into a new, uncharted world of schools and the change of kindergarten status to the proud title “schoolboy”.
Together with the joyful troubles of collecting school life, natural excitement arises: how will your child cope with a heavy backpack, physical education classes, school trips to nature.
How to strengthen the back of a child of 7 years, so that the transition to a new stage of life is not particularly difficult.
How to maintain the correct posture, to promote the further formation of strong muscles of the back and legs? How to strengthen the back and legs of the child-student?
The answer lies on the surface. It is necessary to monitor the changed regime of the child, alternate sitting after lessons with breaks for physically active games.
Do not stop visiting sections and clubs that you have chosen to maintain your health, do not change the walks in the air and sports recreation.
School years are wonderful
The first school years left behind. Ahead of high school and adolescence.
The notches on the door jamb, which the grandfather did so diligently, hint that your child is growing rapidly and will soon catch up to the height of the mother and grandmother.
Exercises to strengthen the back of a 10-year-old child are not much different from previous methods. Regular practice of your favorite sport, the ability and desire to dance or attend the gymnastics section for young ladies.
Do not spend many hours at the computer and computer games, more time to walk with friends on the street.
You yourself became convinced that the tips on health prevention, creating a strong and durable posture, strengthening the strength and ease of leg movement are not tricky and impossible.
If there is a desire, getting the result is inevitable and necessary. The goal of “holding our head confidently”, following a life full of bright events, new and important things, will be achieved.
A selection of my useful materials on the health of the spine and joints, which I recommend you to look at:
Also look at a lot of useful additional materials in my communities and accounts on social networks:
Some anatomy issues
To do this, there is a special test for muscles of the back - it includes:
- trapezius muscle, originating from the occipital region and located in the upper back. It is responsible for the extension of the head and the displacement of the shoulder blades,
- the latissimus muscle located in the lower back and exciting the side of the chest. In action, she brings the torso to the extremities, and is also responsible for lowering the raised arm,
- the muscle that straightens the spine. It is located along the line of the spinal column.
Rules for preparing for classes
Performing a back muscle test
Testing can be started after reaching a tiny six months old.. To do this, breastfeeding should be placed on the belly, and then the baby should be raised, holding the waist area with the hands. Normally, it should be kept under a canopy, while aligning the back to the so-called "swallow". This exercise helps determine if back muscles are needed in children.
Once the level of development of muscles and muscle strength are determined, you can start training. The test will also need to be periodically returned to analyze the results of training, to note the results and achievements.
There are special exercises for the back for infants:
- Strengthen the back crumbs need in those moments when he is in the hands of an adult. To this end, you need to wear your baby's back to him, supporting his hand under the ass. You can also hold it in this position to lean forward slightly and straighten up. This method helps the child to learn how to hold the upper torso vertically. Exercise must be repeated periodically throughout the day. Be sure to secure the infant and clearly control the position of his body.
- Gymnastic ball well helps in the development of muscles. How to strengthen the back of a child with it? It is necessary to put the baby on the ball on the stomach, while his legs should be directed to an adult. At the beginning of training it must be held in the armpits. Carry out rolling movements, directing the crumbs from yourself, then to yourself. In this way, the baby, regardless of age, learns to arch his back in the form of a boat. Do not load, especially at the initial stage of training, the child is strong, it is enough to repeat this exercise three or four times. After that, you can change the direction of movement by turning the baby in a circle (in or against the direction of the movement clockwise).
- When the previous exercises begin to be easily given to a child, try to somewhat complicate the task. To this end, support the baby is no longer in the armpits, and for the hips. So the crumb will independently hold back the canopy at first for a few seconds, then the time will constantly increase.
Stages of growing up
Changes in the behavior of children who have reached the age of transition are becoming brighter and more noticeable. This is not only an external change, but also a psychological state, which, first of all, frightens and almost takes the unprepared parents unawares. In order not to miss the stages of maturation of your offspring, you need to know the time frame of these periods. There are only two of them.
The first is from 10 to 13 years.
At this age, hormonal adjustment of the whole organism begins. The child during this period very often gets tired and seeks for solitude. Although his parents are practically unable to find him at home, he spends all the time with friends. This happens because the child understands: he is growing up and, acting intuitively, is trying to establish his authority. To do this, and communicates with their peers and amenable to all kinds of provocations from other children.
In the eyes of parents, it all looks like disobedience and disobeying their will. In fact, parents just need to understand that the child is growing up and his teenage period.
You should try not to break and change your son or daughter, but to minimize the pressure and narrow the circle of restrictions to a minimum, of course, within reasonable limits, without exposing the child’s life to danger. Alternatively, switch attention to educational games.
No bans will now be accepted, and your authority will not work. Now friends and comrades are in authority. They understand better and know how it seems to children more.
The second period is the age of 14–15 years.
At this age, hormonal levels have already leveled off, but now there is a surplus of energy. And it should be sent in the right direction. This must also be done unobtrusively, since the authority of the parents during this period of age is still at zero, and this is at best.
If you use force and punishment, you can get the opposite effect. The child will act on the scenario you proposed.
Your task is to find the use of this “extra” energy in a peaceful way, developing the talents and abilities of your boys and girls, their abilities and intelligence, in connection with their transitional age have not deteriorated in any way. It is important for you to interest the child, to show love and care.
The emergence of psychological neoplasms in 14-16 years
This period can be compared with the reincarnation of a pupa of a caterpillar into a butterfly.But the difference is that the butterfly can immediately spread its wings and fly, while the teenager is still standing at a crossroads and does not quite understand what to do with it all further.
Psychological neoplasms affect all spheres, both emotional and puberty and moral. The child rethinks moral values.
But they are not yet strong, and the teenager’s guide holds on to the “ideal”, which he blindly imitates.
Psychological neoplasms in adolescents include:
- Abstract thinking.
- Gender identification.
- Feeling of maturity.
- Autonomous morality.
- Change of world view.
From birth to 1 year
- Fear of harsh sounds / flashes / movements. It does not require special actions from parents, just try to avoid any sharpness. A child who is quietly sleeping under the hum of a vacuum cleaner and the noise of a construction site under a window may be frightened by a simple sudden sneeze. To reduce general anxiety, use skin-to-skin contact as often as possible.
- Fear of losing a mother. It will pass when the baby begins to recognize itself as a separate organism, and not part of the mother. In addition, he will acquire the concept of "at the time" and "in another place," whereas now the departure of the mother is "forever" and "into the unknown." Survive this period will help, for example, baby monitor, through which the baby can hear your voice.
- Stranger fear In the second half of the life of the child begins to distinguish between the concept of "own" and "alien". Some children react to strangers very sharply: they get scared, cry, refuse to communicate. Do not insist - the cousin will survive that the baby did not go to her hands, and if you give it by force, you risk aggravating this fear.
From 1 to 3 years
- Fear of innovations. The child is still too young to understand that change is normal. For him, any change - the collapse of the world order. And so it coincided that it is during this period that usually there is a serious separation from the parents - kindergarten or nanny. Talk with your baby about the upcoming changes, think up your personal rituals that will remain unchanged under all conditions. In no case do not break the promises given to the child - he needs points of stability.
- Fear of the dark. The cause of occurrence is usually rash words and deeds of adults. A night light can help to cope with it. You can give your child a small flashlight, which "is able to defeat the darkness, even if it is just a crumb." You can come up with interesting activities in the dark: shadow theater, viewing slides, games with a light table.
- Fear of animals. The cause of occurrence is an unpleasant experience of communicating with an animal or horror stories told by adults (“Don't touch it - it will bite!”). Teaching your child to communicate with animals, do not confuse fear and caution - it is the second one that should be brought up. If the fear has already arisen, act softly: choose cartoons, books, in which the “terrible beast” is not terrible at all. On occasion, make friends with one of the representatives of a frightening look (just do not insist on “pet the dog” if the child is afraid - there is a time for everything).
From 4 to 7 years
- Fear of monsters. Ghosts, boogie men, vampires - the child is not able to share the emotion and the object that causes it. In other words, if a horror character scares him, fear is real, which means the monster is also real. Do not allow uncontrolled viewing of TV by a child. If the fear has already appeared, together find the weak points of the monster and “arm” the baby against it.
- Fear of pain Of course, it reacts to pain and the newborn, but to be afraid of pain before it was caused is a property of a more mature psyche. A more specific version is the fear of doctors. Never lie to the child about the pain - no need to say that it will not hurt at all, leading the baby to the vaccine. Tell me honestly that you have to be patient a little - everything will pass quickly.
- Fear of death. In the older preschool age, an awareness of the irreversibility of death usually comes to the baby. It is accompanied, as a rule, with the fear of losing relatives (a person will think about his own death much later). Talk to the child, listen. Explain that people usually die after living a long life, and you still have a lot of time. If the baby declares that he will come up with a "cure for death", support this idea, she will help him reconcile himself with a frightening fact.
From 8 to 11 years
- Fear does not match. For the younger student, issues of socialization and the associated fear of not meeting the expectations of others: parents, teachers, peers are relevant. Try to talk with him more often about individuality, about the value of each individual, about true friendship. Be consistent - do not compare the child with other, more successful in something children. Praise for his personal achievements.
- Fear of the test. As a rule, it is also associated with the school: the fear of not responding to a lesson, failing the exam, failing to pass some standards, making a bad performance at a school concert can even lead to panic attacks. Talk with the child that the worst can happen if he suddenly fails - disaster will not happen in any case, which means you can not be afraid of failure. After that, offer him a couple of techniques for stress relief: conscious breathing, choosing a particular audience in the audience to concentrate on, a small talisman for good luck (it will help if you are persuasive when handing it).
From 12 to 16 years
- Fear of rejection. From the moment of division into groups within the collective, into “handsome ones” and “losers”, adolescents master a new instrument of influence — acceptance and speculation by them. The task of the parents is to form in the child an understanding not only of the value of his personality, regardless of the opinions of other people, but also the need to analyze the “tests” for joining the group for adequacy. Do not require you to act meanly, abandon their principles? Does the condition put down by you? Are the people who put forward such demands worth your friendship and admiration? Make sure the teenager knows where he can get help if the rejection turns into harassment: you, in the service of psychological support, on the helpline.
- Fear of growing up. Pubertal changes in the body and its reactions can frighten the child. There are cases when girls were afraid of menstruation, thinking that it is deadly. Such fears arise from a misunderstanding of the essence of what is happening, and this is completely a defect of the parents. Prepare the child in advance for what will happen to him in the coming years. If you can’t tell yourself (shy or unsure of your knowledge), there are enough books and films on this topic online. The teenager must understand that he is healthy and normal.
General rules for working with child fear
Whatever the fear and no matter how old your child, these rules must be observed:
- Do not form fears on your own, scaring the baby or, conversely, unnecessarily shaking each episode when he was scared of something.
- Do not make fun of fear, it will not help get rid of it, but it will break your mutual understanding with the child.
- Do not fight fears by force, through "I can not." Yes, in therapy, techniques are used that reduce the intensity of a frightening object by gradually drawing closer to it, but in order to apply them, special knowledge is needed, without which it is easy to harm a child.
- Learn the "soft" methods of struggle: art therapy, relaxation, therapeutic tales - many of them can be successfully applied at home.
- Distinguish between children's fears and phobias. If the intensity of the experiences does not match their cause, persistent fear persists for more than 2 months and significantly affects the quality of life of the child, seek help from a child psychologist.
- The most important thing,tune in to your child. Try to understand the cause of fear, connect all your love and resourcefulness to find a way to fight that suits your child. Usually, all you need to do is listen carefully to him and sincerely want to help.
Denial of responsibility
The information in the articles is intended solely for general information and should not be used for self-diagnosis of health problems or for medical purposes. This article is not a substitute for medical advice from a doctor (neurologist, therapist). Please consult your doctor first to know exactly the cause of your health problem.
Massage and its role in the physical development of the first year of life
In addition to gymnastics, there is a firming back massage for children. It is also necessary, as children learn to sit independently for six months. Therefore, it is important that infants try to keep their backs even at this age. This will help to properly distribute the load on the skeleton, will be a good prevention of various curvatures of any segment of the spinal column.
Massage technique for a child of the first year of life
How to strengthen the muscles of the back of your baby with the help of massage? First you need to put a crumb on the belly. Its legs should be directed towards an adult.
Mom gives back massage to baby
Massage is carried out in several techniques:
- Stroking Move your hands along the spine upwards and downwards. After that, stroke your fingertips in the direction of the ribs from the spine to the side.
- Trituration. Spiral finger pads, rub the area around the spine, moving from the bottom up, then along the growth of the ribs.
- Kneading. You need to knead the muscles on the sides of the body, directing the movement from the bottom up. At the same time, the arms should grip and slightly pull away the muscles. And at the end of the massage you need to relax the muscles of the baby by stroking.
Regardless of what level of physical development will be found in a child at the initial stage of training, regular training of parents (or a professional instructor in physical therapy and massage in children) will help to catch up with “successful” peers.. If a significant lag is found before the start of classes, it is advisable to consult the baby with an experienced orthopedic trauma surgeon, and begin the lessons themselves with a qualified instructor.
By the way, you may also be interested in the following FREE materials:
- Free books: "TOP 7 harmful exercises for morning exercises, which you should avoid" | "6 rules of effective and safe stretching"
- Restoration of the knee and hip joints in case of arthrosis - free video of the webinar, which was conducted by the doctor of exercise therapy and sports medicine - Alexander Bonin
- Free lessons in the treatment of back pain from a certified physical therapy doctor. This doctor has developed a unique recovery system for all parts of the spine and has already helped. more than 2000 customers with various back and neck problems!
- Want to learn how to treat a sciatic nerve? Then carefully watch the video at this link.
- 10 essential nutritional components for a healthy spine - in this report you will learn what your daily diet should be so that you and your spine are always in a healthy body and spirit. Very useful information!
- Do you have osteochondrosis? Then we recommend to explore effective methods of treatment of lumbar, cervical and thoracic osteochondrosis without drugs.